Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sewing and Quilt Expo

The Sewing and Quilt Expo was kind of a disappointment, as far as quilts go. I did get to see Laura Wasilowski's 'Pretty Spool' and one of Gloria Hanson's Squared Illusions quilts, both wonderful, but many of the quilts were...well...just not too interesting. The brochure said that, due to the demand, there would be more focus on quilts, but it seemed to me, that there was less than in the last couple of years. Lake Farmparks and the Cleveland Metropark had much better quilt shows. The expo was really just about the vendors and classes, but none of the classes sparked my interest either.
I did pick up some goodies though...

Karen Pharr's new line of textile paints.

I was most excited about finding the Sulky heat transfer pens. I haven't been able to find them locally, so I grabbed the whole set. Yay! I made a cool little Celtic bracelet at the Fasturn booth and liked their tools so much that I got that set as well. Floral rubbing plates from Cedar Canyon, a 1/2 price book and the new quilting gloves that almost every vendor was selling.

Squirrel stamp that I have to use somewhere in the Buck quilt. Cut from compressed sponge.

No comments: