Sunday, June 1, 2008

I dyed today!

Woohoo! Way too much fun and maybe a bit addictive...



I mixed a quart of each of the basics.

Then I mixed up a 24-step color wheel of dyes. Well, actually 23 -- I lost track somewhere -- and the last one was just a little of everything. Coz sometimes you just need some fabric the color of icky mud... : )



All ready to batch. There's something in-between a FQ and a half-yard in these.

I also added a little piece of the white cheesecloth to every other color. Could come in handy!

Then I went outside and played with some more of the fabric. Some are tie-dyed, some are folded and some stuff I just made up as I went along.

Now it's back to work on the mural. Tomorrow I'll do two BIG pieces (cut from the bed sacks) and the cheesecloth curtains. Maybe a little discharging. Yeah, definitely addictive...

No comments: