Friday, July 20, 2007

Quilted coffee table and cornhole boards

Just finished a pair of cornhole boards for Rocky River Brewing Co. Who the hell named that game?? Forgot to take a pic outside, but here's one with the flash glare.


Rocky River Brewing Cornhole board


My dearest TJay has been sucked into my quilting madness. Maybe it was watching me, day after day, cutting apart fabric into little strips and triangles and squares, and then sewing it back together... Now he spends his spare time cutting oak, poplar and black walnut into little diamonds and triangles and squares and then putting it back together. Hmmmmm, I think I see a pattern here. My dearest is making me a table in a lone star design with shooting stars on the sides of the big star.
Quilting in wood. We started the design in Electric Quilt 6. Then he fiddled with it and changed it and changed it some more. He finally decided to glue it to the base before it drove him crazy. Once it's glued, that's it. Can't rip out the stitches like I do. It still needs to be planed and sanded and sealed and it needs legs, but OMG -- it is amazing. I love that man.


The Quilted Coffee Table Top -- 2.5' x 4'

No comments: