Friday, July 20, 2007

The best laid plans...

I did get all the family stuff done and worked on the quilt top for a while. It's a French braid quilt. The design/technique is from the first quilt book I ever bought -- French Braid Quilts by Jane Miller. I have no idea why I chose to make a king size quilt as a first quilt. I'll have several other pieces done before I ever get this together...but it will be lovely when it's done. Almost done piecing the long strips.
Nine of these, about 8 feet long


Well, the plan sounded good, but I got a little waylaid with a trip the the Irish Festival in Berea. The mural and other work that I'm doing, is for P.J. MacIntyres. Patrick Campbell is one of the owners and was in Lord of The Dance for years. (He's going to have a dance school above the bar) I've never seen him dance so I had to go... It was awesome to see him dance! And he's one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet.
Me and Pat

No comments: